Saturday, November 27, 2010

Her Question...

She sent me a poem. A poem that I took as a sign of her cursing 'fate'. I told her not to do so. I told her that, we, being young and passionate are more than likely to commit mistakes. I told her that I was a living example - having planned and failed.

I repeated to her the quote around which my life now revolves: "Man proposes, God disposes".

I told her about my wedding dress, that now lies in cupboard, folded neatly in a box. The elegant red and gold box, I love. The one box, I would hate to see tattered and dust-ridden. The box that contains my most prized possession - the pink and grey dress I chose the embroidery for...
She thought I was being materialistic and she replied: "I don't want a dress! I just want to be his wife!"

That's when I told her of the significance of that dress. To me, that dress meant a wedding. A lawful wedding, that would make him mine for the years to come. The dress that meant I would be his wife, that I would belong to him, that I would wake up next to him, that I would smell and breathe in his scent every night...

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful description of the wedding dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the last paragragh very much. :)

    I also liked the art work with which letter M is written. :)

    A soothing template. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully written.. Last para 'that would make him mine for the years to come'.. is really awesome line.. keep writing..

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last few lines were soo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THANK YOU ALL.
    Your comments are highly appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. excellent.Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  7. your blog and your pictures ! def. following you now! when you get a chance by by my blog and check it out and hopefully my writing will send you sparks so you can also become one of my followers too!

    http://lifemadness-linhy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. O Momo =) You describe the indescribable. You wrote and i felt able.

    You helped me to complete my soul
    You helped me to once again feel whole

    You helped me to bring a smile to my face
    You helped me to remain in this human race

    You’ve helped me to move from that dusty shelf(remember the time?)
    You’ve helped me to accept & like myself

    You’ve helped me to talk about my fears
    You helped me to stop the tears

    You’ve helped me an awful lot
    Of all the times you have been there 4me
    I will have not forgot :) God bless You!

    So in return I promise to always be there
    To listen & help you. to simply care. Promise! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Toobaaaaaa... I just saw this. Thanx honey! :*

    ReplyDelete